Second opinion needed (long)

Sorry that this is kind of king but I want to explain this a little bit to understand.

My in-law is dating someone and they have a grandson who has Asperger’s. That child is 18+ now and my toddler is 2-3 years old. I never thought anything of the grandson when we hung around to see our in law until I noticed that we was starting to kind of attach himself on to my toddler and start to like him. At first it seemed innocent to me because the grandson is very high functioning that you would see him just as kind of an awkward kid and wouldn’t even know he had Asperger’s until someone told you. He takes care of himself and (sort of) lives by himself and everything. One day when being there he was trying to tickle my son kind of intimately to where I noticed his hands a little too close and low on his body and even his grandmother and myself had told him to stop. He would that day and try to do it again the next until I stopped letting him get too close to my toddler.

Well, the next time we were around them the grandson constantly would ask my son for a hug, to pick him up, and chase him around to get one of those things. And I would’ve thought he was just playing if it wasn’t for that first incident and I like to over protect my son because, even if they’re “family” you never know..

We stopped going over to their house because we’ve told him to stop and leave him alone and he wouldnt, but then come a holiday we went to a relatives house and the grandparent brought their spouses grandson with them (not married). Nothing we can do about the grandson being there but keep a close eye on him and our child instead. Well, he CONSTANTLY kept trying to guilt trip our son into giving him a hug saying he’s making him feel bad and all he wants is a hug from him, but my child said no to him and I repeated that he needs to stop asking and guilt tripping him because he already said no so he’s not going to give a hug. The grandson walked away as if he was kissed off at me mumbling under his breath saying “im not going to deal with this” and started trying to go around me towards my son if I was watching him from a distance and walking away from him again if I got closer.

I also want to add that there are other kids around him younger and older, but he’s fixated on my son and doesn’t care to get a hug or pick up/chase the other children.. JUST my son. And it’s caused a problem in our relationship with the grandparents.. does he know better and did I do the right thing? Or am I wrong because he has Asperger’s and doesn’t know better? I feel like he knows what he’s doing to my child and they’re giving him an excuse to act the way he is.. again he’s 18+ years old.

Vote below to see results!