Night weaning?

Edit* thanks for the comments! I’m feeling reassured that night weaning is the right decision. So…how do I go about it? Do I just refuse to feed her? She’s a pretty strong willed little babe, I feel like she will just scream until she finally gets to eat. Unfortunately I’m the only one who can put her to bed. My spouse works on the road and is gone for a month+ at a time.**

My baby will be 11 months old next week. She still wakes up every two hours at night and wants to breastfeed every time. She won’t take pacifiers so this is how she self soothes. She was in for an ear infection yesterday and her pediatrician recommended, once her ear infection was gone, to stop with the night feeds and that after a few rough days she would sleep better at night because she wouldn’t use nursing as a sleep aid. Her pediatrician also said that technically babies older than 6 months are capable of going 10-12 hours without a feed at night so she wouldn’t be hungry.

Would you do this? I’m not sure I’m totally convinced that she won’t be hungry. She nurses on demand 5-6 times/day and eats 2-3 meals with us, sometimes she skips lunch. I would love to sleep more than a few hours at a time and honestly have felt like she’s too old to be waking this much but I also don’t want to starve her overnight.

I’m also anxious to get this figured out because she refuses bottles and sippy cups too and I will be having back surgery a few weeks after she turns 1. I will not be able to breastfeed her while on norco nor will I probably even feel comfortable enough to do so. I would rather have rough nights now figuring things out than be in severe pain on top of no sleep.