Can someone with a similar experience help?

I don’t have any money so i can’t get a lawyer but I have a 12 month old and I’ve been raising her by myself because the father wanted a test but he never would contact me back to set one up a year later here we are I needed help so I reached out again and he said he still wanted a test so I spent bill money to pay for a home one and when it came back positive he said can he have custody of her and I said no then he said well the other mother of his child let him have custody of their son at one month old and I still can’t fathom that and told him let’s work something out get to know her first and do weekend visitation and go from there I also said I wouldn’t ask for child support because he said he’s not working at the moment but he cussed me out and said he’s taking her from me and that he had a lawyer so my question is do I need to find some way to get a lawyer is there a chance he really could take her, I’m not unfit I have two jobs a house she’s very well raised and loved and I’m still breastfeeding but he said none of that matters and he’s gonna get full custody awarded but my friend said that he’s not on her birth certificate and since the test doesn’t have names on it and it wasn’t done in a lab he doesn’t have rights is that true?