Need opinions

Princess

So i met this guy at my college we were vibing and texting for a couple of days. Before we started talking he reminded me that weeks ago he had tried talking to me but i guess i shut him down. Which i didn’t remember until he said it. Fast forward, we met 3 times, before the third time i texted him “will i be able to get a relationship out of you if i put the work in?”

I was on my way to a friends place and all of a sudden he entered the bus that i was in (i have intense and anxiety so i was praying he didn’t see me, but he did) he sat next to me and asked we talked about my question, he said yes. Later that day he responded again to that message via text.

That night he invited me over to his place and the vibes were so good I thought I finally found someone. (He paid for my Ubers btw). I didn’t wanna go further than making out with him because I wanted us to be in a relationship before we embarked on that.

The next day i left and got home, at night i asked if he wanted to go to the movies with me and he said he has a lot of homework to catch up on. Which I thought was valid. At that point I developed feelings for him. Told him i wanted to be around him. But he ghosted me. 2 days after i asked him if we could talk and he said “why?”. So i told him never mind because he was acting very weird. But what confused me was why he said he wanted a relationship in the first place. He then told me that he wasn’t saying the truth and saying he doesn’t want a relationship. I’m shattered, this happened like 3 weeks ago but i still like him, he obviously doesn’t feel the same way. Thankfully I didn’t have sex with him during any of the encounters.