The Hard

I started talking to this guy (31) in October 2023. We hit it off instantly telling me after the second date that he loved me and continued to literally worship me till around 2 weeks ago. His roommate lost his job then he got stressed about paying the rent. Since then he has been super distant and one night he got so drunk he got a dwi and nobody wanted to help (his roommates) get him out so I did. Co singed on his bond and helped him get out his truck and helped him pick up new tires because he has a blow out.

Since then he has stopped drinking and I communicated what I’ve been feeling like his energy is off. So he made time last week to come visit me more and inviting me over. But when he is around I can’t feel his live anymore. Like he is forcing himself. So I asked him “I feel like your not in a relationship”his response was “is it that obvious” and I was like well what do you wanna do. And he said I love you more than anything more than my ex wife (mine you were both going thro divorce) and he said the reason he has been so distant is because “I wanna give you the world but I can’t and it bothers me how much I’m struggling financially”

As I reassured him we’ve only know each other for 3 months it’s not practical even if you were a millionaire.

He doesn’t send me cute text anymore he doesn’t say he misses me. He’ll leave me on read for hours. He stopped calling me.

I am pulling back my emotions because I could tell he is.

I don’t know if I should believe him about the reason he isn’t ready for a relationship or it’s something completely different and if that is a cop out.