So…. Conflicted.

Sorry possible trigger warning.

I just found out my neighbor, a friend from high school is now a registered sex offender. What he was charged with is only part of what he did. And he’s a massage therapist. How can he retain his license? He has one, I checked 😂 I guess my question has 2 parts. He advertises massages for minors and his crimes are against minors. Which makes me angry as hell. Would you take you go to a person registered as a sex offender for a massage?

How can he keep his license? And 2, do people check these things?? I mean I don’t as a practice take my kids for massages, I rarely go myself, but I’ve never thought like hey I need to look up their license. And further - his license just says active - probation. Without knowing he was registered I would have had no idea what that meant.

ETA: I absolutely do NOT want him to keep his license. I want him as far away from me and my children as possible. The thought of him retaining his license makes me absolutely sick to think he would do something so absolutely vile and then have the opportunity to do it again!! I’m wondering how the hell the state can allow him to keep his license when he’s a sick sick person. And wondering what I can do to get it taken from him permanently!!!