Why would he block me

Met his guy on a dating app, we were in the same state but 6 hours apart from eachother. End up hitting it off over text so we make a plan to FaceTime, hit it off again and continue to FaceTime over the next few weeks. We end up meeting half way and again I feel like we’re hitting, we kiss say goodbye and continue as normal. FaceTime the following week and he makes plans to come to my city in two weeks. When I say we’re hitting it off there’s flirting laughing all the signs that he’s interested. This last week he let me know he had a very busy week and wouldn’t be able to communicate as much and it really did drop off but he reassured me he still wanted to continue talking and getting to know eachother. I wasn’t blowing up his phone when he wasn’t texting me wasn’t being clingy or insecure. I was definitely kinda getting a different vibe from him, the weekend comes and he’s still talking about booking his plane ticket to see me, texting me way more flirting and what not we make plans to FaceTime on Monday. 5 minutes before our date he texts me a super short with no detail that he doesn’t want to commit to long distance at the moment and wishes me well, then blocks my number and blocks me on all social media right after before I got to even have closure on my end. The whole time span of us talking was just over 2 months so I know it wasn’t to much invested in eachother I’m just confused why he was leading me on just to block me one random Monday?