I think I might have PGAD

Elizabeth

So… I think I might have Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder. I plan on seeing a doctor, but I want to get some opinions from other people beforehand.

I’ve done some research on this, and what I read said that the feeling of PGAD is like ‘constantly being on the edge of orgasm’, which doesn’t match what I’ve experienced. However, I may be taking the phrase too literally. Because what I do experience is a sudden onset of arousal that very quickly intensifies to the overwhelming urge to masturbate— so intense it’s unable to be ignored. This is something that I’ve experienced since I was a child, and it has increased in both intensity and frequency as I’ve gotten older (I am currently twenty years old). It’s inconsistent, however. Sometimes it only happens a couple times a week, while other times of happens multiple times in a single day. The only time it seems consistent is during certain parts of my cycle, where it increases in intensity. So I’m quite often sore down there.

This sort of thing doesn’t seem normal to me in the slightest, however it doesn’t fully match what I read online. PGAD is also said to be accompanied by pain, which I haven’t experienced outside of the earlier mentioned soreness. Because of this, I’m unsure and would like to hear some other opinions of anyone would feel comfortable providing.