Scariest thing of my life...

Alysa
Wish I'd had someone to tell me this.... But be SO CAREFUL when taking medication while pregnant... Even if it's approved. I made it my whole pregnancy taking nothing but Tums... Until I got this horrible cold at 38 weeks. My doctor told me(I've trusted her 100% on EVERYTHING) that pseudophedrine(Sudafed) was was ok to take and the most effective for cold symptoms while pregnant. I'd tried everything from the Neti pot, humidifier, saline spray, every Vicks product basically before medicine. Turns out the generic 120 mg box they automatically hand you over the counter is your daily max you should be taking pregnant in one pill.... And my doctor had not said one word about the dosage. Baby girl has been hyped up for hours and I'm in sooooo much pain from her abrupt movements. I called L&d and poison control once I found at id pretty much overdosed and they told me to stop taking it all together and drink a ton of water. I know some doctors still recommend Sudafed.. But make sure you get the 30-60 mg box that goes in your system slower!! Scary night... 😱