apparently I am pregnant BUT

Dee • Happily in love.❤️ Mother of two beautiful boys. Los Angeles, CA.
hi ladies! so let me let y'all in in my weird situation. lol 
I got my period this month. (at least that's what I think it was) I got it on time. lasted about the usual days. It ended on the 9th of this month. and was totally fine on the 10th. no spotting. or anything. but on the 11th, I spotted. and I have been spotting ever since. going on 13 days now. some days it is heavy spotting. most days, very light. about 3 days ago, I started to have tender breasts. back pain. and minor cramping. nothing to crazy. so I decided to check in with my doctor. I honestly didn't go in there with the intension of thinking I was pregnant. so found out today, that I am indeed pregnant. but he didn't say much about the bleeding. he did mention before we found out I was pregnant that ectopic pregnancy could be a possibility. but really all he said was if I continue to bleed and have any sort of pain to go to the ER. my question is, has anyone ever gone through this? I am currently waiting to schedule an appointment with a obgyn. I'm really confused and worried. we have been trying for 8 months and I really do not want to lose my baby... Any sort of information and advise will be greatly appreciated. thank you!