Whooping cough

Teneale • Never ttc again but we're ready for baby #2 😊
Hey ladies, for anyone in Australia (or elsewhere) would like to know what your thoughts are on whooping cough and the need for everyone to be vaccinated prior to seeing the baby. It's a huge deal in Australia ATM and as a precaution have been told anyone that comes into contact with the baby in the first 6 weeks has to have the whooping cough vaccine to ensue bubs doesn't get it. Vaccine takes 2 weeks to be effective I'm due to be induced on Thursday and my brother flies in from o/s on the same day can't get the vaccine so has to get it on the day but still can't see bubs for 2 weeks. My husbands super cautious, and rightfully so as babies are suffering and dying from this, just wandering what other parents are doing and how strict they're being with visitors. We told everyone back in October they needed to get the shot and many havnt, some only got it yesterday which means we still won't allow them to get too close until the 2 weeks are up. Just curious to know what everyone else is doing