Prevention of teen/child intercourse

Ce

So this bounces off of Sofies' post, thought it could be interesting to discuss. How would you prevent or discourage your child in this day and age from a young sex life?

Personally I was very interested in sex at 9 years old, however I knew little about it but wanted to bless someone with my time that loved me. So I waited until I met my now wife at 15. I won't pretend sex was never discussed in the younger grades back in the 90s, but compared to what I over hear at my nieces and nephews schools there was less pressure then to have it and parents seemed to care more about prevention.

It's kind of a interesting thing to think about. Ex: I was fed fear mongering/religious bs to prevent sexual activity, along with generally preventing the time I spent with the opposite sex (being gay wasn't a option, if you catch my drift). So now days most know fear mongering is wrong and kids are obtaining real info about sexual interaction, that it's nothing to directly fear, that teen motherhood and young sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of. This is good, yes? But basically there's no physical reason for kids to not have sex other than the chance of disease or injury if they trust someone they're in a relationship with. So how do you as a parent prevent it? Hopefully other than just yelling "Cus' I said so."

My son's 5 yet so I'm not worried about it at the moment myself, but I think my mothers extremely bland attitude towards it and listening to educational programing made me put more thought into the subject. Sex wasn't something to be pressured into, it was just something animals did to reproduce and a few to show love. Rape was in my vocabulary at the time as well, which was smart on her part. She was a victim after all and started coaching me at 6 to be open to her about that. Mom wasn't winning any awards, but I really like this approach to sex. Respectful, responsible and giving the feeling that it was nothing to worry about. I intend to add emotions and more details instead of having a "Yep, that's a penis" tone though, and possibly omit religious interference since my wife and I are different religions.

What do you plan to do to direct your children to wait for sex? Or do you intend to instruct them to wait at all?

*I'm very interested in situations where the child is below the age of consent, which in my location is 15 and lower.*