Thank you, DoD

Thank you, Department of Defense, for tearing my husband away from his wife and daughter when they need him most during labor and delivery, because his wife has a 25% chance of survival due to a pre-existing medical condition. Thank you, Department of Defense, for setting up a deployment schedule where he will miss his daughters birth, come back for a couple of months, and deploy again through her first birthday. Thank you, Department of Defense, for forcing us to rewrite our Will, by saying if our daughter's mother dies in labor, you need somewhere to send/keep her until her father can be arranged to come back to the states. Thank you, Department of Defense, for wasting what could be our last moments together, by sending him overseas after pleas of allowing him to stay due to the extreme circumstances. Thank you, Department of Defense, for saying "millions of families go through this," while not understanding the uniqueness of each situation. Thank you, Department of Defense, for graciously granting my husband two weeks of leave in the event of mourning my death, and to make arrangements for my daughter. Thank you, Department of Defense, for reminding him if he decides to stay stateside, that he will be deserting and face criminal charges. Thank you, Department of Defense, for kindly informing us we could abort our perfectly healthy baby at 25 weeks, in order to preserve the life of her mother, and not cause problems for your schedule. Thank you, Department of Defense, for trying to set the value of her life in our eyes. Thank you, Department of Defense, for not allowing him to watch what may be the last moments of his wife's life. Thank you, Department of Defense, for allowing my husband to watch our daughter grow up so closely, by giving him 4 months of time with her, in the first 2 years of her life. Thank you, Department of Defense, for allowing me to leave this world, not knowing whether my daughter will be properly taken care of, due to your important agenda over family well-being. Thank you, Department of Defense, for destroying three lives. 
Before anyone claims "I'm military, this isn't how this works," or "my husband is military," or some other bullshit they know nothing about, my husband is Naval Special Warfare, but I will not specify which program. If you do not know what it is, look it up. They value the lives of their men deeply and passionately, but the men's families, are treated poorly. I was told the possibility of dying due to my health condition before we got pregnant, but we had hope, and I was doing very well until recently. His leave is unfortunately not granted like everyone else's, as his involvement with the government and the force he works with is too valuable to allow him to leave until his contract is up or it concludes with his death or immobility. Mental disorders are not an option for discharge, as they go through extensive training and screening to rule out the probability. So as my husband says, "Please do not speak of something you know nothing about," please leave the hateful and suggestive comments at the door, because out of the group of 1500 of these men, only about half are married (750), and the odds of me running across another wife are incredibly slim. Women are not allowed in this program, so those who may say "I'm closely involved" are incorrect. Their training, deployments, contracts, etc. are highly classified, most of which the government itself isn't aware of. We of course, appreciate prayers and well wishes, as he leaves today, and what may be the last time we see each other face to face. Although I have a slight chance of survival, we are preparing for the worst, and have come to terms with it.