Potential relationship?

I've been talking to this guy and we were just casually talking about relationships. He told me that he isn't ready for a committed relationship but wants to just casually date and isn't looking for a long term relationship then he went on to say at his point in his life he only wants to be in a Relationship with someone he thinks is the one he'd want to settle down with. He's 26 I'm 20 I haven't been in a long term relationship at all he said he understands where I'm coming from but "once he falls he falls hard" should I even continue talking to him I mean I think we're on different terms I'm not ready to settle down I'm confused he's very nice and respectful but I don't want to just date him and have him be dating several other girls until he finds the one any insight? I know he's been hurt in the past so that's a part of it too

Edit he says he doesn't want to lead anyone on while dating but wants to find a serious relationship I guess I'm confused becuase he said he will casually date until the he finds the one then he'll consider that a serious relationship and go straight to settling down I mean it's confusing to me. Yeah casually date then go into a serious relationship it's just confusing