*rant* So tired of hearing about SIDS!!

Christina

This is just a mini vent sesh because I'm so tired of seeing this and that about what raises and lowers chances of SIDS. Seriously, it seems like moms are constantly worried and causing themselves more anxieties about a subject that has so many inconclusive suggestions.

What people say can raise the chance of SIDS one week, will lower SIDS the next week, and vice versa. To me it's frustrating.

I wish that there were more suggestions solely based on practices and experience rather than what someone has heard/read may or may not cause SIDS. I have enough to worry about day to day without the added fears being constantly thrown at me.

I have a crib, a co-sleeper, a bassinet, a swing, a bouncer, a couch, a rocking chair, and a bed where baby can sleep on or next to me - my baby has slept in/on them all. Sometimes on his back, sometimes on his side, sometimes on his belly. Sometimes with a binky, sometimes without. Always with a blanket because we have no heating aside from a portable heater.

I think if you can monitor your child, then you can take care of your child.

SIDS ISN'T THAT COMMON OF AN OCCURENCE, YET IT'S AN ARGUMENT USED CONSTANTLY. Sorry. I'm just sick of it. Nothing made me more scared to be a first time mom than this subject. However, I do understand that it IS a real issue and my heart breaks for every parent who has lost a child. I just wish that it was more common of a statement that the reason it is SUDDEN Infant Death is that it is sudden...and seemingly uncontrollable regardless of the situation based on research currently available...

Okay, rant over. Sorry if I offended anyone; that was not my intention.