Twins?

Sarah

This is my second pregnancy, and while I know every pregnancy is different, this one is SO different. With my first I had zero symptoms the entire time and didn't take a test until I was about 3 months along. This time I had very strong symptoms and tested early showing positive right away. Twins run on my mother's side of the family and I've been doing some reading and twins can make the mother experience strong symptoms early on. I've had one doctor visit so far to verify pregnancy and they did the usual questions about last period. This is what also has me wondering if I am possibly (and hopefully) carrying twins: according to my last period I would have been 4w 1d at the visit but I'd been having strong symptoms for about 2 weeks. If we go by the previous period I would've been 7w 3d the appointment.

I have my next appointment in 2 weeks with the doctor so I'm hoping I can get an ultrasound done to really find out how far along I am and if my boyfriend are getting the twins we both would love to have or if it's a single baby in there causing strong symptoms.

Any insight would be welcomed. It's just so SO different from my last pregnancy I don't know what to think. Mom's of twins, any ideas?