My perfect birth story

Dr
So I had to be induced with my daughter in my last pregnancy and long story short it SUCKED. This pregnancy I was bound determined to have a natural start to labor. I went into labor on the sixth but it stalled out that night. I spent the weekend walking around the mall and bouncing on my yoga ball. Oh and of course having sex lol I went to my 40 week appt that Monday and dr checked my cervix. He said I was dilated to a 3 and he was able to stretch me to a four. I was so stoked lol I walked out of that hospital with my cervix feeling crampy and what not, picked up my hubby from work and we went and walked around the mall a lap or two. We went home and I was feeling slightly nauseous so I ate a light dinner (bad idea lol) and settled in to watch tv. Then my "Braxton hicks" started up. I noticed a consistency so I timed them and they were about 6 1/2 mins apart. Lol it was too funny I started to time them I look over to see my hubby breathing out of his sleeve trying to not hyperventilate. lol poor guy lol. The Braxton hicks stuck around but they didn't hurt at all and I didn't want to stay awake for nothing so I went to bed. Woke up at 4 AM dreaming about contractions, soaked with sweat and in pain. I timed them sure enough 4 mins apart. I placed a call into L&D and they told me to come in. I got our bags togather and woke up my hubby and I was like "babe, we gotta go into L&D" and he responds with a quizzical "why??" LOL it took everything I had to not be super sarcastic in response. Lol But I was nice lol I didn't think I'd be admitted just confirmed so I decided to wait to eat. Lol yeah, second bad idea right there lol 😁 always eat before heading into L&D. Lesson learned! Lol 
We went in and I was dilated to a 5 😳😳😳 so they admitted me and we called our moms to come in and my aunt to pick up my daughter. Labor went smoothly, I got my epidural pretty early on after being there because I didn't want to exhaust myself. Unfortunately the epi didn't really pick up in my left hip for some reason. Which happened with my daughter so I didn't think much of it. Weellll fast forward to it being time to push (which was not long, started pushing at about 1:30) and I was in intense pain. One contraction on top of another with very little rest time in-between. I could swear the epi was no longer working but I have nothing to compare to lol it probably was taking the edge off but it was still hurting like a MF. It came time to push and they told me it would feel good to do so. It didn't. I mean, it wasn't bad. But it certainly didn't feel good. Natural instinct didn't take over either. I could have not pushed if I didn't want to. But regardless I pushed on, I requested the mirror so I could see the process. They say "don't look" but honestly watching myself give birth to my son was the coolest thing ever and it really helped to motivate me with the pushing. If your not a queasy with blood kind of person I highly recommend doing the mirror thing. Anyways at 2:24 pm my beautiful son Kyle Matthew was born. 9 lbs and 21 inches. ❤️ I got to reach down and pull him onto my belly. He was wet goopy and gorgeous. I immediately burst into tears and couldn't stop telling him "hi baby" lol I was so glad things went the way they did because my last labor was traumatic, I prayed about this labor my whole pregnancy and God answered my prayers. Everything went exactly the way I wanted to even with the epi wearing off since I was tempted to try a natural birth. That got as close as I wanted it to get naturally pain wise lol. I am so grateful and so in love 💕 thank you glow for being there with me through every step of the way so far. From that BFP till now and beyond seeing as that I'm going to stick around for the glow baby but I know I am reaching the end of my glow journey so I just wanted to thank this community for being so helpful and supportive. ❤️❤️❤️