HEY! She stole my due date!

Katheryn
Anyone else secretly feel this when a friend or family member announces pregnancy while you are ttc? 
​My SIL just made the announcement this morning. I can't help but feel broken that she has been able to get pregnant twice almost without trying while I'm struggling to get pregnant before I find myself in my first trimester during the hottest part of the year. I seriously hate TX summer, and do NOT want to have to fight the traditional morning sickness during the hottest part of the year.
​Anyway, back to the point. Given that side of the family, they are likely to think I'm trying to steal her thunder if I get pregnant soon, or that I got pregnant to compete with her. On top of that, she will have a gender scan, and I will not. If it turns out she's having a girl(a first for DH's family) I'll be shuttled off to the side like a sack of potatoes because, even if I also have a girl, hers will still be the first. 
​I keep trying to remind myself that life's not fair, but I am tired of sitting in everyone's shadow and feeling like the last one to the party.