Speaking up for Fellow People

Athena • Mom of three. Expecting number four in August. Excited and nervous.
So this afternoon we stopped by Publix to pick up some cheap lunch and while waiting in line I turn to see this rickety old jerk berating a young employee who is on his lunch break waiting to get a sub. He starts flipping out about the kid being on his phone. So the employee (Rob) tells the guy he's on his break. And the ROF (rickety old fart) just gives it to him more. Talking about how he didn't want to hear his phone conversation. So after listening to about five full minutes of ROF complain I step out of line, put on my pissed off pregnant lady face and use my mom voice. "Hey! Leave him alone. If you don't like it God gave you two feet. Use them and walk away." He starts to try to say something to me and I just interrupt him "No! Walk away if you don't like it!"
So we get to the end of the check out line and ROF is there now complaining at the service department about this poor kid. I walk up after he walks away to pay for his soup or whatever he has and some older ladies see me and tell the CSM I saw the whole thing. So with my daughter right next to me, in earshot of ROF I very loudly tell CSM "The old twatwaffle with the angry badger in his ass that just complained made my experience here terrible.!He was berating another human being in front of my children for absolutely no reason. I certainly hope you ban him from your store because that's not the type of person I want to shop around with my kids! I certainly hope you aren't planning on disciplining that young man. I worked in retail for ten years and if anyone ever spoke to my child that way I'd deck them. That man is lucky my fiancé was here to convince me I didn't need to be pregnant and in jail for decking someone today."
The ladies at the service desk were trying very hard not to laugh. The CSM took my name and phone number so corporate can call me with any questions. 
This poor guy has to work on a holiday, probably for long hours, and the only break he gets he wants to talk to someone he cares about and he has to waste half his break dealing with ROF. I was so flipping mad. I taught my daughter and two sons a lesson in righteous anger and told her never to stand by and watch someone treat people like crap. Speak up!