Surprise induction in my due date!!! Birth story

Lori
I went in for my 40 week ob appointment and was miserable and hoping we would talk about induction. I had been 4 cm dilated for a little bit and my blood pressure was higher than it had been the whole pregnancy. Doctor said "today's the day". I was shocked, relieved and excited and maybe a little scared. Went home got my bag and went to hospital. The hospital said they were to full and had 3 women in front of me. Even tho this was considered a medical induction they told me to go home. I refused and my doctors office was able to get me into another hospital 15 mins away. After being monitored and having all my testing done at the first hospital, I packed up and drove to the next. Everything had to be redone. I finally was able to have my water broke at 9pm and started having contractions before the pitocin was started. The contractions were only seconds apart. The epidural didn't even get a chance to take full effect and I had a baby girl at 11:12 pm. 2 hours and twelve mins start to finish. I had to be cut even with this being my third vaginal delivery since I didn't have time to naturally stretch... A bad epidural, all the pain, stitches and all it was worth every second. Elena Isabelle born 7/28 7lbs 4 oz and 19 inches... she is perfect!!