Flu like symptoms after sex HELP!!

Me and my so split after my daughter was born, he has a long history for sleeping around. Anyway, we started to talk about getting back together and all was fantastic, on Tuesday evening, he came home and stayed over, we had unprotected sex, everything was fine and the sex started to take place, kissing and fondling a lot, both aroused to a climax, but the minute I went down on him, his man bits didn't smell too pleasant, a smell I can't explain, I felt uncomfortable and embarrassed and didn't know how to tell him, I was so disgusted with the idea of it being in my mouth, but before I got the stench, it was too late. So I quickly stopped oral, and we got right to it. But then yesterday evening I started to experience a lot of body pain, muscle pains in my arms, shoulders, legs and back, thought nothing of it but the fact that is just had sex for the first in 6 months. But then late last night and this morning my throat has began to swell up and is extremely sore, like that of a flu, my head is slightly sore but bare able and I just feel generally nauseous. Anyone any idea what this could be? I've tried googling, and all the sites say it's not hiv as symptoms wouldn't appear so soon. I feel a bit worried and don't know how to bring this up to him.