Beauty Rant :

Lacy • Im Lacy ! I`m in an amazing relationship. I`m a fighter of verbal and physical abuse. I love makeup and hair .
The standardization of beauty these days is absolutely astounding to how they compare to earlier centuries in modern humanity. 
The fact that not two hundred years ago larger women were chased after and idolized because of their weight, which corresponded to their worth in dollars. But these days if you have even as much as a natural belly roll or a butt that jiggles when you walk you become less and less desirable. 
This is a big concern of mine, for multiple reasons. The earliest memories I have of being shamed into weight loss was when I was in grade school. When I told my mother I felt fat she told me to diet. She didn’t think to tell me that I wasn’t fat, and that I was beautiful on the inside and out. “If you feel like loosing weight, then diet. Stop eating so much.” Yeah, thanks mom. 
The first moment I recognized the change in society was in seventh grade literature Our teacher made note of the fact that “back in Shakespeare time” women who had girth were known for their beauty, because back then people weren’t attracted to bodies; they were attracted to money. One boy who sat at my table looked dead at me and exclaimed, “Ew! That’s disgusting! I like my girls skinny, fat people are gross!” This same boy bullied we all through middle school until I told him that if he didn’t shut his face I was going to put my fist through it. 
This has got me thinking; what changed? How did we go from money to skinny in such a short amount of time . People didn’t want peasants, they wanted riches. A full five meals every day, in a nice house with their buxom brides. And here today the less fat you have the better you are, excluding the chest. 
For reasons we may never understand, the standard of beauty has changed more than ever imaginable. Gods and Goddesses were pictured as the perfect beings, but they took the form of humans. Why can’t we all think of beauty in this way? As human. 
The human race is a beautiful thing. We defy the odds and survive on a daily basis. We’re not the smartest group of creatures on the planet, but we might be one of the most evolved, and why is that? Because our standards of beauty have changed? Because those who are attractive are the ones that get away? Think, people. Why would anyone chose brawn over brain? If that were the case, most of us wouldn’t even exist. 
Think, people. We don’t need to have beauty pageants or bikini competitions or anything like that. We need to teach our generations that beauty isn’t perfection. That it doesn’t matter what the standards are, as long as you are loved by yourself and are happy with who you are. 
The human race is a beautiful thing, but if I were to give it one flaw, it would be perfection. ❤️❤️
“Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks, not in what they say. Just in what they are.” - Markus Zusak, I Am The Messenger