Need advice. Please help.

Seeing a pediatrician monday, but I need advice in the meantime, for real. I have a 17 month old son and am currently 31+6. My son was 27 week twin preemie, and we've always had a problem with excessive spit up/vomiting since our NICU days, but lately its getting worse. Much, much worse. His diet has not changed and he is not sick; he is not lethargic nor is he running a fever. But. He has been having multiple episodes of vomiting a day--and they are not random! His gag reflex is suddenly triggered by coughing a couple times, laughing/grunting/babbling/yelling, putting his fingers in his mouth...pretty much anything. Sometimes he literally gags on nothing, then pukes--or if he is grumpy and cries, it just causes him to puke. Our living room and his nursery floors are constantly covered in wetspots for at least the last 2 weeks. I'm constantly having to scrub very chunky, very putrid curdles of vomit out of my carpet numerous times a day. The smell is unbearable--since he drinks milk it just smells rotten and the whole living room area now has developed a stale smell. Every time you enter from a different room, you smell vomit. We can't keep up with the amount of puke on the floor by spot cleaning any longer, and we are having to have our carpets professionally cleaned and sanitized.

I know these things are apart of being a parent, but in my third trimester, I am at my wits end. Every time I hear him throw up, I want to cry, just because of the smell alone. My husband isnt a very thorough cleaner (baby wipes on VOMIT?!?! On CARPET!!?? 😡😡😡) and I just end up having to scrub the nasty spots myself. Every time I turn around my son has puked, whether its a little or a lot, and today was the worst of the worst. This morning we had Physical therapy, and right as we were about to walk out of the door my son burps and then pukes all over himself, his shoes, his carseat, the floor...it was everywhere. I literally had to put laundry detergent all over the floor and spray it with the hose!!! All this makes me so sick over the fact that in a few short weeks, i'll be looking over a newborn and scrubbing puke in between time, and honestly the worse it gets the more I just feel depressed and suicidal. I feel like i'm swimming in vomit, and that I can't even relax or enjoy my space anymore because everything just smells like puke, and I'm stuck having to always clean it up.

I just don't know what to do.