Feeling hopeless with beta

It's been a terrible week. First a big drop in beta, then a good rise. Drop was believed to be a lab error. Now, doc called with concerns that I went from 1746-2010 in 48hrs. They belive it's likely ectopic or the loss of a twin. They don't sound hopeful at all. They refuse to see me until Friday at 6weeks to see what's going on. And even then they said seeing a sac or a heartbeat is unlikely that it's too soon.
I just want to know. Seems cruel to make us wait. I tried to see my old Gyno and they won't see me until <a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">ivf</a> doc releases us. Why?!!! I think I've lost all hope ?