"The other woman"

Let me just say: my husband did NOT cheat on his ex with me. They were separated before he met me, and in the 2 months that they were together, trying to fix things for their daughter's sake, he and I completely stopped talking and everything. I respected that he had a responsibility to his daughter to try to fix things if he could.

But his family doesn't view it that way.

They view it as I'm the reason they didn't make it, and it's MY fault she left him for someone else/took their grandaughter away, because he didn't try hard enough to be with her because he was in love with me. I feel like I'm the Other Woman and a homewrecker around them. They put me down and always tell me how awesome she was and all of that.

I sometimes feel like I'm not supposed to be here. Like I'm living another woman's life, and I'm just not cutting it. She was a part of their family for 6 years, and they didn't meet me until a week before we moved in with them to help them with bills when his dad got laid off.

What's funny is before I got here, they were always saying how his ex was evil and hated them and rude and lazy and how they're glad my husband found me, but now that I'm here, she's being made out to be an angel they adored, and I'm the wicked woman that took her and her daughter away from them.

My husband tries to always encourage me and stands up for me, but these people do not relent. They even put him down, telling him he's unsuccessful and lazy and going to hell and just tear him apart...

And then ask him for money for bills in the same sentence.

And then they call themselves loving Christians! And they wonder why my husband and I aren't more religious!

I'm on my last nerve with this. I loved them before we moved in. Now I just hide in my room all day to avoid them.

We've talked about moving out, but my husband doesn't want to until his dad gets their finances back on their feet, now that he has a job again.

Please help me figure out how I can stand this for a few more months!!

Sincerely,

"The Other Woman"