My "hippie" MIL

Cara • Baby boy due May 30th, 2017!

My boyfriends mother told us "no hippie names" which is ironic because she refers to herself as a hippie all of the time (she is definitely the FARTHEST thing from a hippie all around, shes like 40 and just wants to be cool? Idk *eye roll*) but whatever...

Our sons name is like... DEFINITELY far out (and by far out i mean I havent heard of anyone with this name ever, but its not really that "unique" its just a plain regular word that no one seems to have used as a name before)... she said no hippie names expecting me to name him something like River (which i do love but it doesnt flow well with the last name plus its becoming too common) so she is going to SHIT herself when she hears the name weve picked.

I dont think its outlandish at all, but its definitely a "hippie" name. We have been set on this name since we first started talking about having kids. Its short, sweet, different, and has a beautiful meaning. But because of his rude opinionated family, we dont plan on telling anyone on his side what we plan on naming the baby until its written on his birth certificate! My family on the other hand thinks its an unusual name, but likes it none the less and supports our decision. My boyfriends mom wants us to name him something like Anthony or Joseph. BORING.

She will just have to grow to like the name we picked and if she says one negative thing about it, well... then she doesnt have to come visit. :)