What is the perfect nanny to you?

Ashley • 20 years old♍️ One daughter born on October 31st 🎃 In love ❤️

I've been working with children (nanny/youth development professional) for about 8 years (4 paid years) and I love it! But certain circumstances have lead me to being unemployed for over a month now. I was wondering how I can increase my chances of getting hired. I'm 19, and I have no special certifications or degrees in childcare so I believe that's a reason some people won't hire me. Because of the lack of those things I try and accentuate and emphasize my love for children and my style of nannying which is a loving and gentle manner. I believe I have all the qualities that are appropriate for childcare (honest, fun, trustworthy, creative, etc) basically I don't do anything I wouldn't want someone doing to my child if I had one.

I have a ton of experience too with infants-14 years, autism, twins, other cultures such as Hindu and Navajo and more.

I act appropriate and dress appropriately for interviews and bring a resume. But I don't usually get a call back. It's frustrating when a family seems to like you then they don't answer you for a week or so then tell you you weren't qualified enough for the job.

Any useful tips? Does anyone have a nanny? If so, why did you hire them instead if other candidates?

Thanks so much! ☺