surprising my bf...

Ali • 27 years young. 4th Grade Teacher 🍎📚🖍
So today is my mans 32nd birthday and he lives an hour away. Well I've been with him since Friday and of course I gotta drive an hour back home this morning back to work and I usually come back over after work on Monday's and stay with him one more night and then go home for the rest of the week. But yesterday I told him instead of coming today after work I'd be coming tomorrow on Valentine's Day instead. And when I told him that I kinda forgot that it was his birthday when I mentioned it just because i was thinking about spending vday with him and it's a lot of gas to drive out here so much but I wanted to be with him on Valentine's Day but then I realized well he'll be home alone after work on his birthday but he thinks I'm not coming today. We already celebrated his birthday over the weekend and he didn't wanna wait for his gift so I gave it to him over the weekend when we were celebrating. So now that I've explained all that.. since he thinks I'll be coming tomorrow instead of today should I surprise him for his birthday and just drive the hour today and tomorrow? Because I feel terrible just leaving him alone on his birthday. He's 32 so he doesn't do the whole friends family celebrate anything anymore but I don't want him to feel unspecial or something lol so this would be a good chance to surprise him. I'm just worried aomehow it would get fucked up since he lives an hour away. I'm worried since he thinks I'm not coming over he may make plans with his best friend Ryan. But if he doesn't then he'll just be at home alone. Am I over thinking and should I just go surprise him??