Help for cracked, sore, painful nipples during breastfeeding!

Ev
I have to share this because up until a couple days ago i was praying for my nipple to heal and breastfeeding to not be so toe curling painful on the left side. I had a 1/2 inch deep, wide crack at the base of my nipple snd every time my baby latched on and suckled from that side, the pain was almost unbearable - i had to take midol. I tried lanolin and other nipple creams, walking around with no bra all the time, putting breastmilk on. Did not get better at all. I contemplated giving up nursing. But after researching one night i ordered the silverettes (nipple shirlds from silver) - it sounded weird but i was desperatd and after they came in the mail i started using them as instructed. I kid you not - after less than a day the pain lessened and after 5 days my nipple completely healed with no pain anymore. Im continuing to wear them as a preventative measure at least until my baby is 3 months. Just wanted to share because i know how desperate and helpless i felt and the pain was just too much - hope this helps someone!