boyfriend is very distant

We just found out we lost our baby in result in miscarriage. Had been having issues and complications and my bf had been really supportive and caring! This isn't our first mc together. Had one 4 years ago when we first started dating. During the pregnancy this go around he was extremely excited and happy and was looking at house to boy to start our family. I lost the baby a weekend tomorrow. Now he is barely speaking to me (when he does it's small talk but not rude) slight joking around here and there but spending a lot of time away from home. Not coming home right away after work and always going out with his friends. So he's really distant. I'm doing ok but I'm struggling myself and he hasn't really asked how I'm doing. I get everyoneGrieves  differently and he was really excited about this. I'm ok with him taking a week to regroup, but I was alone all weekend last weekend and this weekend is his dad's 60th 4hrs away and he has not mentioned it to me about "us"going to it. I know he will be, should I expect to go or ask him about it? I could be a reminder of hurt to him, but what about me and my pain?  He's a veteran. He was a marine for 5 years.