my first Mother's Day

Fall • Mama of two 💖💙
As a kid, if anyone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I always said "a mom". I think people are put here for a reason and to do a certain thing and that was what I was meant to do. Be here to love, protect, and teach my babies how to navigate this scary world. It's hard to describe the feelings of joy she gives me. Something inside me clicked when I first saw her. Something I didn't know anything about even when I was carrying her. But it all makes sense when I look in her eyes. When I'm nursing her and she looks up at me with such happiness and gives me that sweet toothless grin. It's like we're the only two people on Earth for a little while. When I saw her face for the first time, I realized a whole different kind of love. A different dimension on top of ours that's invisible to most. Nothing else mattered. The world stopped turning. My heart was finally awake. When Kevin held Kinley for the first time, my love for him turned into something different too. A love I have never known. A love so pure and tender. You realize you love these people more than you love yourself. That you would give your life for them in a second if you had the choice to. I vowed to do anything to keep them both safe. I think about love all the time now. Because my heart constantly beats my baby's name. Every second of every day.