getting out finally !

Brittany
After being in a very verbally abusive and physical a few times, I finally was able to get up the courage to leave. It was probably the most terrifying thing I've had to do. I had to wait till he went in the woods to set up his tree stand, every part of me was shaking but I managed to get 90% of my belongings packed shoved into my car and was gone. I hated the fact that I didn't have time to find my ferret because he was asleep under the couch and wouldn't wake up, but I had no other choice. I'm still terrified and I don't know why? Is it because I'm scared of not being with him, is it because I'm scared of him still. Ladies if you could just share your exsperiances because I'm so damn scared as hell right now. 
UPDATE 
He just called me wanting to bring me the rest of my stuff and my ferret to my dads were I'm alone I stood my ground told him no that I would meet him at the store. I pulled up and he just looked at me with all the hate in the world. I honestly don't know what I did to deserve him to hate me like this. But I didn't break down I didn't let him see the fear I got my stuff and my fur baby and left with my head held high. Sadley there is still more stuff at his house but all it is is shoes and alittle bit of clothes, and I've just decided that it all can be replaced I just want to be away. Y'all just please pray that I can stay strong :(