Coping after miscarriage

Jackie

My husband and I had been trying to have a baby for a while when we found out I was pregnant last Saturday. We were absolutely ecstatic only to lose it three days later. We're both so heartbroken. I know, there was nothing we could have done, I know it was early, I know we can try again, it doesn't make this hurt any less. We wanted what we had. We loved what we had. Every cramp, every ache, every time I feel myself bleeding it's like another reminder of what we lost and my husband has been so incredibly supportive while I've been falling apart and I love him so much for that. I just can't stop thinking about how all we ever had was that one positive test. I never had a tummy, never felt a kick, no ultrasound, no heartbeat, no proof that our baby was, for a short time, real and here and inside of me.

What are some of the ways you and/or your spouses coped or moved on from your miscarriage? I know we'll never fully get over this, and I know that's a normal part of the grieving process but ever since it happened I feel like I just don't know what to do with myself.