Is this favoritism? What can I do?

L. 💗

I feel that my mom is setting a poor example for my 16 year old sister. She lets her do whatever she wants but when it comes to the rest of us it's total hell trying to do anything!

There are so many things that she and I have gone through (at different times) and my mom always handles it differently. For example when I was in middle school, if I even dared to tell my mom that I liked a guy or a guy liked me, my phone would be taken away from me instantly. Taking away any means of communication and it got to the point where she would never let me out of the house and eventually the few friends I had would stop asking me to hang out with them because they knew the answer would always be no. This is even after my mom telling me that I can confide in her and tell her ANYTHING. She used to always tell me that if a guy liked me I'd better tell her before it turns out to be a twisted situation. Either way it went it always got twisted 🤦🏻‍♀️

Anyways, when it came to my sister (much younger) any time she would come home taking about a crush she had on a guy, my mom would always think it's so cute and she would encourage it. Of course there are many parents who think that the younger kids are cuter when they do things like this but my little sister would take it to another level writing things into notebooks saying "i had sex with..." like cmon! At that age, (2nd grade maybe) how do you even know what sex is?? And did my mom do anything? Did she question how a kid her age knew about sex or who was telling her about it? Absolutely not.

There's certain things that I don't even know if I should post up here or not but I also feel that if you guys don't know the entire story you won't understand where I'm coming from.

So my point is that there's been so many situations in which my mom gets FURIOUS at simple things and when something serious comes up- something that should be punishable.... she doesn't care!

When I was finally allowed to date, my mom made it hell for both me and my then boyfriend. At that time I was still in high school and my boyfriend would always tell me that he'd see my sister (middle schooler) on the high school side skipping class. I saw her for myself as well on multiple occasions and every time I'd try to inform my mom about it she would dismiss me and make excuses for her. Come to find out my sister had a boyfriend nearly 3 years older than her! My mom used to act like she didn't know what was going on but my older sister and I soon realized that my mom was just covering up for her.

It's been maybe 2 years now since. The same boy had still been around and I had stopped trying to talk my mom into stopping their relationship because clearly it wasn't going to happen. But one day we all went out to dinner and the subject that night was how my sister and her guy started their relationship (long story short– he only started dating her because of a BET with his friends.) how the hell would you think that's okay to say in front of your so called girlfriends family????

The thing that bugged me the most was that my sister didn't seemed bothered by him saying that, and my MOM thought it was some kind of cute romantic story. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Our current situation now is that the SOB cheated on my little sister with her "BEST FRIEND!" My little sister has stopped talking to this so called friend but she's STILL trying to get this ass hat back! My older sister and i thought we could trust my mom and tell her that she's still meeting this guy outside of the house but my mom just literally turned her back on us and is HELPING HER keep in touch with him.

Honestly that's just setting her up for another heartbreak. I know that some of you guys might think I should let her handle this alone and let her make her own mistakes but as her older sister, I don't want to see her getting hurt. If this is a mistake that I can help her avoid, I'll do anything to do just that. Keep in mind that this is technically jail bait. She's 16 and he's just turned 19. What are your thoughts?

Vote below to see results!