Planning 2nd baby?

So

My little one was born August 28th 2016. We have always said that we want our first born to be 2 or just over when our second baby is born - which means we would have to start trying in around November this year. The thing is I just don't know if I'm ready? We decided to have my little boy all of a sudden - I'm an impulsive person and I knew I would never feel "ready" to take the plunge so I just said let's do it! And it obviously was the best decision I ever made. Because I'm not the sort of person to feel when the time is rignt I'm wondering whether to just go for it (in November) so that we get the age gap I want, but I'm so scared it'll be really hard work! (Which is a given I know, but my little boy is no fuss at all). My partner keeps saying even though my son is 11 months old now, buy the time we start trying he will be 15 months old and then we have to wait another 9 months so he'll be over 2 years old and he'll be on his way to being self sufficient by then - but it just scares the shit out of me 😂 I just want some advice and maybe some stories from you ladies to help me decide what to do! X