Are tampons reliable and secure???

Sa

My <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> calendar is telling me I'm going to have my period during a 3 day event that I've been looking forward to all year. I just finished my most recent one, and this comes the next month. (Sucks I know 😤 I hope it's delayed or just comes early before that) I've used tampons before but I only used them at home. I've never really used the tampon when I went out or went exercising. I'm mostly a pad user. Are tampons really that secure up your vagina? Ive been afraid to use them when I'm out in public because I'm scared that it'll pop out or have a sudden leak you know? I'll be on my second day of my period when the first day of the event starts. 😫 I'm going to be waiting in line a lot, and I'll be walking a lot. I'm going to be out for like 9-12 hours each day too. So usual tampon users, are tampons really secure? I want to be comfortable that day & don't have to worry that I'll leak like a pad would do. They don't pop out so suddenly correct? I'm freaking out 😰😰