Induced at 37 weeks!

Breanna • 🧔🏻‍♂️🤱🏻👦🏼👧🏼

I'm a first time mom and due to gestational hypertension my doctor thought it would be best to induce me at 37 weeks. So we set a date, he forewarned me that it was probably going to take about 4 days before I had my son. Monday morning I get to the hospital and they start me off with a little pill that is supposed to help thin your cervix. Nothing happened, so I got a second dose late Monday night. Tuesday morning I get checked and I'm still at a 0%, but 1cm dilated. They went to put a balloon catheter in, but my water broke. My contractions got REAL intense after my water breaking. I then asked for an epidural but I was only at 2cm and 70%, I honestly felt like such a failure. Lucky for me, the epidural WAS NOT WORKING. 🙄 they asked if I wanted to get the epidural re done, but I saw no point in it. I got checked again and I was at 7cm and 100% within two hours! An hour later I started pushing, and within two pushes he was crowning. I got a third degree tear, and sewing that up hurt more than actually having my son. So I went in to get induced Monday at 11 am, and had my son Tuesday at 4:48 pm. So thankful it was fast 🙏🏼

Mason Thomas 💙