Having to deal with my son's father?!

Gabriela • First time mom. 23. Due 06.26.17

My son's father never wanted to know anything about his son when I tried to reach out to him when our son was born. Now at 2 months he finally responded to my texts and his mom actually was the one to speak to me. She has been kind this whole time but what makes me mad is the fact that I have to go through her in order to discuss things about my son. As though I am some aggressive ass person he can't even speak to. Him and I never had a relationship and I got pregnant 2 months into it. We never have had an argument. I don't get where all the hate is coming from. I have been more than nice to him even agreeing not to go to court so we could settle things between us. He just doesn't seem to care honestly, I think his mom might be the one pushing him to see his son. I just wish we could be adults and co parent our son. I am not interested at all in being with him, I just want us to both be mature about everything. And having his mom through everything is kind of weird and immature. I just don't know what I could do if I could do anything at all. Anyone else who has co parent with their ex.

Noté: All he says is that I disrespected him by getting married while pregnant & not wanting his help before but wanting it now. When I got married we had not been together for a long time. Unfortunately I got divorced, but that has nothing to do with our son. His responsibility to contribute to the well being of his son is his. And I have that responsibility too if even more. So I don't think my actions justify him acting like an asshole to me. Acting like he is doing charity work with my son & saying that the gift his mom got him will be discounted from his monthly payment to me... when I obviously could have bought the things myself that I like.

Thanks!