Birth story

Bailey

Just wanted to write my birth story somewhere. It was an amazing experience. I had been hospitalized at the end of July for a couple of days for preterm labor, which they were able to stop as I was 35 weeks. I had continued to have contractions that felt effective but never got into a rhythm, which was fine by me as my husband is deployed & I knew we'd have to get him home for the delivery which was at least a 18 hour flight. My doctor advised me to start the process of getting him home. He got home the first of August & we got to have 17 days of him being home!! Yay!! Well, nothing was happening. Went to the doctor on the 14th had mostly normal appointment except wasn't feeling right& I was 4 cm dilated. Some things went down & doctor decided to induce on the 15th. Brought us in at 9:30 AM to the hospital. Doctor broken my water at 10:08 AM, and contractions started getting harder on their own. They started pitocin by 10:45 AM & things moved from there. I was 6 cm by 1:00 PM. Doctor came back at 4 and I was a 7. Figured it was going to be a long night. Luckily I had gotten my epidural when I was first admitted-I am so glad i did. At around 6:00 it started to wear off on my right side and by 7:30 I was feeling just about everything on my right side. By 8:00 I was a 9 & feeling lots and lots of pressure. By 8:45 I was basically pushing the baby out involuntarily & nurses rushed in. Doctor came in & baby was out by 9:14 pm. Everything moved amazingly & I am so glad that my husband got to be here for his birth. But Patrick Douglas made his appearance at 9:14 PM weighing 7 lbs, 11 oz and was 20 inches long. We are incredibly in love