to have a wedding or elope? i want YOUR opinion to my situation

my partner and i have kids and im pregnant. money is tight. yeah we arent traditional so dont say we should have married years ago. anywho... we are planning for us two to go down to the beach with the kids and elope. its $450 to do it this way. maybe a bbq after or something. however, a lady from the church spoke to me and she knows how badly we wanna get married and the pastor has offered to marry us for free, they have offered to assist with catering free of charge, let us use the church and hall for free, have even offered to help decorate. it wouldnt be a fancy wedding but it sounds amazing to me. i have VERY LITTLE family though and i spoke to my future mil about the idea and she said "Cooranbong (where the church is) is too far to go, i hate it there it smells and its gross". mind you its 40 minutes away, is right near the river and while it does get a lot of mosquitoes... its quite pretty. very country ish area with lots of trees. but now it has me thinking.. if people are that fucking petty, should we just pay the $450 and elope? bit crap i cant have my day because how other people act tho

Vote below to see results!