Tryouts updated

Trying out for my high school volleyball team as a junior. This is the first year our school has ever had a vball team and so many girls r trying out. Pretty much know one knows how to play except for some people who have played in other school or outside of our school. So does anybody who's played volleyball have any advice?

To give u some background the only thing Ik about volleyball is there's a ball, a net lol. I've never been to a game either.

I'm like 5"8 and I played basketball for 7 years, I stopped in 9th grade so I'm still in some what goodish shape. I've kept working out, do u think I have any chance at all? And also what r some things I should practice (I have no equipment but I'm willing to buy a vball but that's it) anything else u guys can think of would be awesome

Update: haha turns out there's no coach for the team, our school has no balls, uniforms, or anything. We basically have a teacher who doesn't want to coach but is willing to go down to the gym and supervise and that's it. Tuesday's and Wednesday's is a practice that isn't mandatory and anyone who wants to go can. And once basketball starts we r done. Maybe next year we will get a relay team but that will suck cuz then I'll be a senior. Ugh. Oh well at least I have a place to practice now.