High school friendship HELP

Ok so I started at a new school that none of my friends from middle school go to. It's my third week and I have become friendly with some people but I haven't made real friends yet. There is this one girl, let's just call her Hannah for now. So Hannah and I are kind of friends but I don't actually want to be friends with her. She isn't very nice and she brags about having money without meaning to and she is picky and kind of rude. But the thing is I don't really have any other friends so I need someone. I know that it sounds terrible like I'm just using her but I'm not I have started to kind of hang out with her less. It's just that I pictured my high school social life differently. I thought that I would find a nice group of friends that I liked and that we would hang out and it would all be okay. But I really don't have any friends and I miss my best friends from middle school. My new high school doesn't really have an in between. There are the "Cool kids" and the "weird kids". I am definitely not "cool" but I don't wanna be "weird". Someone is already throwing a party and I'm not invited witch honestly I wouldn't go anyways but I just wanted an invite because it means that I'm socially not "weird". I know this sounds terrible. It sounds like I just want to be popular but that's not true I just want to survive. I want to have some good friends and not be perceived as "weird". And don't tell me not to care about what other people think because it's not all about what other people think. What should I do? Plz help!