So blessed

Cherish

Thanking the man above for his overload of blessings. This year has definitely been our year & I'm just so grateful.

I fell pregnant at 18, my partner 17 at the time left school to seek work to be able to provide for us. He was on & off work throughout my whole pregnancy and we were worried we wouldn't be able to meet our child's needs but with the love and support from family we had high hopes for our family to be. In the end we got financial help from the government which is called jobseeker benefit here in nz. We were living on $170.00 each. Luckily my parents were understanding & only charged us $100 rent. Things got tough and there were fighting and argument, me & my partner were kicked out & we ended up staying with my grandparents who have retired.... it was so hard I felt like giving up. With the money we received we bought something each week for our little one & thank god he was two weeks late because we just managed to get everything sorted before I was induced. After our son was born we switched from jobseeker to young parent payment & because of our age we had a restriction on what we were able to buy. (Our money now went into a card where you can only purchase from certain shops like supermarkets, baby shops etc) Soooo the good part......

We bought our first car for $400 , really cheap & too good to be true it broke down after owning it for a week but my uncle felt sorry for us & offered his car for $350. We were so grateful, it wasn't the best car but it got us around 🙂

After months of trying my partner was offered an apprenticeship in electrician & of course he took the job opportunity. All he needed was his license which was funded for & he passed 🙂 he was interviewed & was put on a 90 day trial & claimed full time employment after his trial was up. Being so young & fit they needed him. I'll also mention, he's the youngest working there.

We later found out that I was 7 weeks pregnant with our second child. I was freaking out considering our first born son was only 3 months old but then I thought of it as yet another blessing.. hmmmm god was testing us. My son is now 7 months & we've just found out we're expecting a little girl 💖

I decided to sit down with my partner and set goals for our future, short term & long term goals. Our main goal was to save! & we managed to save a few thousand & bought a reliable family car, preparing for when baby girl comes 🙂 with the money left over my partner bought him a work vehicle & we decided to give our car (the one my uncle gave us) to my sister who needed it the most.

Lastly we have just been approved for our first rental property & I'm so over the moon. We currently stay in a sleep out behind his parents place & I just couldn't imagine having 4 of us staying in such a small space. We will be moving in next week and I'm so excited 💖

I just want to thank the man above for making 2017 our year. This year has been nothing but great to us through all the rocky roads and bumps we've hit , we have overcome them. To anyone who feels like they're not getting anywhere, keep trying! There is always light at the end of the tunnel. You will cross many paths & overcome many obstacles on the way but that's what life is about. I remember praying for the things I have now 💕 just so blessed