Where do I go from here?

Kate • 🎀 baby girl born December 22nd🎀

I’m 16 and just found out that i’m pregnant. I was on birth control so I was trying to prevent it, but now that it’s happened, my boyfriend and I want to keep the baby as long as we can provide a good life.

So we already live together in our “own place”. I was gifted a 250ish square foot lofted cabin for my sixteenth birthday, and my boyfriend was allowed to move in with me. Our cabin payments are about $150 a month, and we don’t pay any bills other than that. He makes about $9 an hour and might be getting a better job that pays up to $17 an hour through a welding program at school. I only make minimum wage.

If i apply for assistance, should it be WIC or food stamps? Can we make it without either? My dad has already offered to support us in any way he can, financially included, but this is my baby. i want to be able to take care of it myself. If we can’t afford it, i feel like it would be selfish to keep it. I’m just so confused and in shock that i don’t even know where to go from here. Does anybody have any advice?