Work advice please

Erica

If you’re not planning to read this all the way, please don’t give advice. So, I have found myself in the wrong career. I am positive I do not want to stay with this career. Since high school, I have thought about massage therapy and I have decided I wanted to do it. I talked to a school literally across the street from me, I can start night classes as soon as December 11th and be finished in June. Almost everything is perfect about this school. The night class starts at 5:30 each night. However... my job is now a problem if I want to go to this school. Our receptionist decided she only wants to work part time, leaving the other dental assistant to take the receptionist job and now I’m the only dental assistant most of the time... so now they are depending on me and will be pissed If leave because we are understaffed already. Nearly impossible for a dentist to work without an assistant. I don’t know why, but my boss will not hire another receptionist (our now part time receptionist has been there a longggg time). Anyways, now I’ll be working super long days, probably will be working til at least 6:30 now, which means I will not be able to do the evening class if I stay. This sucks because I feel stuck in this job and it’s not fair that I can’t go to school now. My mom told me to find another job and put in my two weeks when I find one because She said it’s not my fault that he won’t find another employee and that I can’t put what I want to do on hold for this place. I can’t help but to feel bad because that place will not be able to run without me. But... Not to mention, I am working for pretty low pay and no benefits and they do not appreciate me much there. I don’t know how to get passed this. Help?...