No anniversary gift

So I'm just a little dissapointed, and I wondered what other people would think about it. I have been with my bf for a year now cause the 14th was our 1 year anniversary. He was at my house on the 13th and before bed I took him home and drove back to my house. It was like 11 and late and we always talk before bed and say goodnight. But I got home and messaged him and he never answered. It came 12 and I messaged him happy anniversary! and made a post with our first picture together a year ago. He never answered til morning. He claimed he fell asleep which is probably true cause he was tired.. but on our 1 year anniversary night?? It just kinda made me sad. And then I aksed him if he forgot and he said no. So then on our anniversary day we have a band competition and a busy day, but I thought we would go out for dinner or do something special, but it didn't happen. He didn't ask me out, nor did He give me a gift or anything. I just feel like he forgot or something.. It's not like him to forget or not care. He has gotten me cute gifts before and I love it. He has gotten me a ring, necklace, teddy bear, roses, and all kinds of stuff. I thought he had something planned, and I was waiting all day. Then here comes time to go to bed and... nothing. idk. what do you guys think? Or what would you do?