Lipase you suck!!! 😡😡😡

Amanda • 35 | Vivian Lee 9/11/2017 & Henry Lee 4/24/2019 👧🏼💗💙👶🏻

Just discovered at 3am I obviously have too much lipase in my breastmilk 😭

Husband tried to give babygirl her bottle (milk from 10/26) while I pumped and she was not having it. She drank half begrudgingly 😞 and I had to give her 2oz more of what I just pumped and she drank that down fine.

Also had the same issue with what I just thawed out for the first time last night. Doesn’t have the soapy smell/taste but I would say metallic. So then I compared it to what I just pumped. Yeah completely different. That was almost sweet.

So that sucks. Now I gotta keep tasting my 1oz sample size and see when it “turns” by so I can see how long my window of keeping expressed milk in the fridge is and then scalding it. Which I gotta figure out how to do.

Ugh!!!! Anyone else dealing with this??? I guess it’s better than finding out the hard way. Only 7 weeks in and was told about this to test for it. My husbands bosses wife lost an entire deep freezer full of her breastmilk cause baby wouldn’t touch it.

Just sucks cause freezing already makes it lose some of its good qualities and scalding it even more so 😞 and now it’ll just be one extra step to do.