Tips for FTM's

Lynn

The first book that I read when I found out that I was pregnant was WTEWYE (What to Expect...) and it was helpful. It definitely educated me on what happened during the course of a pregnancy. But it didn't help me as much as I thought throughout the course of my own pregnancy, or even prepare me like I assumed it would. So I am gonna share a few of the things that made my pregnancy easier and much more enjoyable. You ladies' feel free to share and add your own experiences! You never know, it may help the next mom.

1. Travel sized body powder — Being pregnant has made me an inferno, and I can't be home every second of the day to hop in the shower and wash away ten minutes worth of sweat, so I keep this handy and until I get home, I am dry, fresh, and significantly less agitated. (Definitely worth looking into, just be cautious of the ingredients and brand.)

2. Blistex — Your lips will feel brittle. No ifs ands or buts about it. For the first 5 months of my pregnancy, I just licked them. It wasn't until they got super crackly that I finally budged, and I have to say... I feel like a new woman every time I use it. No exaggeration.

3. Bottled water — I went and got the generic brand from Walmart and made four bottles a staple inside of my bag. After getting pregnant, I literally tasted everything and smelled everything. Tap water made me gag. And plus, it wasn't portable and my water bottle couldn't magically refill itself either. This is totally optional, but I never felt more relieved when I had it on hand.

4. Really good body wash — Not necessary, but feels like a little slice of heaven after a long day at work or doing whatever. I use Dove shower foam, I packed the cucumber scent for my hospital bag and vanilla is my everyday use.

*To be continued... phone dying***