Anxiety about moving away from family HELP!

Lanie

Hey guys, I could use some serious advice and encouraging support. My fiancé and I have decided to move to a different state. We are currently residing in California near my parents, and near his father and grandparents. We decided to move because we believe it is what is best for us (myself, him, and our daughter). When I broke the news to my parents let’s just say my mom was not very happy about it. She told me that I am hurting her beyond belief, and that if I move away she will probably end up dying sooner than if I stay nearby. She also has visited the hospital since I told her because she has very high blood pressure, and says that us moving away is making her very ill. She has tried to tell me that this decision is wrong, and moving away will not solve anything, and that I’m not thinking about how her and my father feel. I am beyond torn up inside, because I do not like the idea of hurting my own mother, but I am trying to do what I want to do for a change. I want to move to another state, I want to make a change for my little family, and we have been presented with the opportunity to do just that. I just feel guilty that I am hurting my mom and I don’t know how to get rid of the guilt so that I can make this change as least stressful as possible. I am excited about moving, but at the same time I feel anxious and nauseous at the thought of what it is doing to my mom. Any encouraging words of advice to help ease the anxiety? Thank you