I don’t want the neighbors’ kids on my property or in my house.

Sylvannas

I just moved into my new place on the 28th of October and met one of my neighbors yesterday. He lives like 3 houses down and he stayed for 45 minutes last night while my dad and I were obviously building fence. He then proceeded to tell me how his seven year old daughter would be so happy there was another girl in the neighborhood and how she would love to come over and play. Mind you, I’m 21 and a full time college student with a large dog. I do not want a seven year old over all the time. I just smiled and said, well I’m a full time college student. Hoping he’d get the hint. I’m beginning to think he thinks I’m going to be a free baby sitter. Not just no, but hell no. Children are not my thing. I like my space and I have some animals I’d rather not have kids around, large constrictor snakes. She just stopped by to meet me, my dad let her know I was home when she came up. And I said hi and quickly left, explaining that I was moving in.

I need to figure out how to nicely deter her from coming over. I do not want a child around my property for several reasons, one I’m 21 years old and taking 20+ credit hours at a time. No time for baby sitting. Two, I do not want to be accused of anything because she was over here alone. Three, my snakes are very safely kept but I do not want kids around them. Four, I don’t particularly like children all that much. How would you handle this? What should I do to keep her away?

Note, I have a large fence so I know that will help.